Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thoughts on Jesus



There I sat, on that swing, I kept my thoughts on Jesus, then the thoughts, the lie of fear snuck in between my talk with God. I feel the fear, I shiver and shake. I sink, with my eyes off Jesus. It said in the Bible that Peter sank in the waves when he took his eyes off Jesus and put his gaze on the storm. I fear of what's going to happen tomorrow. I slowly slip away from reality. Then, that ledge. The verse, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." I say that verse, repeating it. I hold on to that one verse, and I say a prayer, "God, please help me do this, I've had enough of this, this pain and this fear. I need you. In Jesus's name, Amen." I feel the strong hand of Jesus hold me. I know I am safe. I relax and swing on that same swing, repeating verses, and singing praise to God. 

----------------

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment