Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A post I have been working on...

This is a post I've been working on for a very long time... Keep in mind this is still a work in progress, it is not finished yet.


-----


Flaws. We all have them. Some of us feel bad when they look into the mirror, expecting to see endless beauty...but instead, you don't. All you see is that one side of your cheek that has less blush, showing your asymmetric freckles, or a birthmark that you try so desperately to hide, or maybe you scrub your face with all the strength you have just to clean one pimple that you think stands out... You dream of being beautiful. But, guess what? You already are. You may not think so, but you are.


Let me tell you a story. A story of the creator of the world, and the brave Prince, who came back for His children.. Now, sit down and get comfy, for this story is not too long, not too short, but just right.


You will not be bored by this story. Nor will you want to skip a few chapters to find the ending.


And, before I start, let me tell you, the ending is nothing short of incredible. I don't want to spoil it for you, but somehow, I feel like I need to...the Prince came to save us. And what does saving us mean? He took the price, like when the stranger behind at the drive thru pays for your meals. But even more amazing. Because you see,


He died to take the penalty of YOUR sins, of MY sins, of EVERYONE ON THE WHOLE PLANETS sins.


He did it not because He wanted to look cool, not because He was forced, it's because He LOVED YOU.


(John 3:16, for God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.) Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you His Name.


His name is Jesus, Emmanuel, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Savior, Messiah.


First, let's start off with the creation of the world, the ground we live on, the stars that twinkle in the sky, the birds that fly so gracefully and freely, and the spinning planets, and all the galaxies, the creatures that swim, fly, and walk on the ground...are you ready to hear this story? I hope so, because it will be the best one you've ever heard.


------


That's all I have written so far, actually, there's more, but I'm still editing the rest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment